As a business strategy… Participation in standards work is a strategic move, which brings a business numerous advantages. Successful businesses influence the development of the sectors in which they are active.
Participation in standards work should be part of every company’s technological and product development strategy. The decision to partake in standardization will have a positive effect on the product development profile and production structure, and will help strengthen the company’s market position.
The purpose of the declaration is to give assurance of conformity of the identified object to specified requirements to which the declaration refers, and to make clear who is responsible for that conformity and declaration. A supplier’s declaration of conformity may be used alone or in conjunction with another conformity assessment procedure for regulatory or non-regulatory purpose.
Source: (ISO/IEC 17050).
- Name of the food
- List of ingredients in descending order
- Name and complete address of manufacturer
- Net content by weight or Volume
- Lot no/Batch identification
- Date of Manufacturing /Packing
- Best Before Date
- Veg/ Non Veg logo of appropriate dimensions
- Specific declaration of flavors
- Name and completed Address of Importer, in case of Imported Food
- Country of Origin for Imported food
- Nutritional information
- Nutritional information is the declaration of the nutritional composition of the food. It provides an idea of the nutrition that can be derived from that particular article of food.
- Nutritional information should always be stated in numerical terms. The nutrition information for a particular food article is declared per 100g or 100ml or per serving of the food on the label.
Nutritional Information may NOT be necessary for:
- Foods such as Raw Agricultural Commodities
- Non-Nutritive Foods Like Tea, Coffee, Drinking Water, Alcoholic Beverages, Fruit & Vegetables.
- Products that Comprise of Single Ingredients.
- Pickles, Papads.
- Foods Served for Immediate Consumption.
- Foods Shipped in Bulk Which is Not for Sale in that form to Consumers.
Did You Know…Certification is your competitive advantage? Certification helps in increasing market share by showing that the implementation of good practise and performance criteria confirming to the clientele that quality, safety requirements, or social, environmental and ethical standards are conformed to.
view more (http://www.intertek.com/certification/)
Did You Know… Global Supply Management (GSM) system is a supply chain management solution to provide the traceability and transparency necessary for informed global and local business.
The Global Supplier Management system involves four core steps:
- Collection and cleansing of supplier information
- Business profile completion
- Risk-based analysis and reporting
- Verification services
◦ Identity and credential verification
◦ Onsite verification
◦ Audit services (social, environmental, quality and security) view more (http://www.intertek.com/consumer/auditing/global-supplier-management/)
Supply Chain Management system measures business risk, capacity and capabilities, workplace conditions, product quality and safety, security and environmental sustainability. This knowledge allows you to map the risk in your supply chain and track improvements and performance, enabling you to make more informed buying decisions and mitigate against reputation risk. The portfolio of risk assessment tools and audit solutions include:
View more (http://www.intertek.com/business-assurance/supplier-management/)