- Name of the food
- List of ingredients in descending order
- Name and complete address of manufacturer
- Net content by weight or Volume
- Lot no/Batch identification
- Date of Manufacturing /Packing
- Best Before Date
- Veg/ Non Veg logo of appropriate dimensions
- Specific declaration of flavors
- Name and completed Address of Importer, in case of Imported Food
- Country of Origin for Imported food
- Nutritional information
- Nutritional information is the declaration of the nutritional composition of the food. It provides an idea of the nutrition that can be derived from that particular article of food.
- Nutritional information should always be stated in numerical terms. The nutrition information for a particular food article is declared per 100g or 100ml or per serving of the food on the label.
Nutritional Information may NOT be necessary for:
- Foods such as Raw Agricultural Commodities
- Non-Nutritive Foods Like Tea, Coffee, Drinking Water, Alcoholic Beverages, Fruit & Vegetables.
- Products that Comprise of Single Ingredients.
- Pickles, Papads.
- Foods Served for Immediate Consumption.
- Foods Shipped in Bulk Which is Not for Sale in that form to Consumers.